Get Ready to Run!
The MACEM&PS Run to the Rescue 5K leaves the starting gates soon…and we want you to be there!
We’ve worked together with FCC to host our first-ever fundraising event – a 5K in honor of the brave folks who run to our rescue every day, and to benefit the students who’ll one day follow in their footsteps.
Whether you’re running to set your own personal best time, just want to walk in support, or somewhere in between (a light jog?), you’re invited!
April 22, 2023
Check-in Starts: 8:00 AM
Run & Walk Starts: 10:00 AM
Frederick Community College
7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
IS THERE A COST?
There’s a registration fee of $35 – all of it will go towards the MACEM&PS Scholarship Fund!
Following the 5K, stick around for the Western Maryland Public Safety Expo!
Organized by the Frederick Police Department, the Expo is a career fair showcasing jobs and organizations across the whole public safety spectrum, which will also be held on FCC’s campus from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
5K Rules & Instructions
1. Participants must sign in at the check-in table prior to the start of the race.
2. On-site registration will not be available, so if you’re going to join in, be sure to register by 10:00 AM on April 19th!
3. All 5K participants need to complete the Run to Rescue 5K liability waiver. Waivers must be submitted and on file with us before race check-in time.
4. Those ages 16 or younger are welcome to participate, but must be accompanied by a chaperone age 21 or above. (They’ll also need a parent/guardian’s signature on the waiver.)
5. Pets are not permitted. (We know, we love them too, but they can lead to safety risks in events like this with lots of agencies, demonstrations, and moving parts.)
6. Those planning to walk will be positioned to start after those who plan to run. Please follow the directions of event staff as they get you sorted out and ready to go!
The Run to the Rescue is going to be an “every year” type of thing – read below about how we plan to make each year unique and meaningful!
How to Donate / Become a Sponsor
If you’re interested in donating to support the race and support our public safety students here at FCC, thank you! We promise that any donation, however large or small, will be put to good use and make a difference in the studies of the next generation of public safety professionals.
There are two ways to donate:
INDIVIDUAL DONATIONS – If you’d simply like to show your support, we appreciate whatever you can share, and we make it easy – just click the button below to head to FCC’s Online Giving form, and choose “Run to the Rescue 5K – MACEM&PS Scholarship” as your designation.
BECOME A SPONSOR – If you or your organization is in a position to give $100 or more, you can become an event sponsor! There are several tiers, each with its own benefits, ranging from names/logos appearing on this page, to placement on t-shirts and social media, to personalized shout outs, and more.
For more details, download this Run to the Rescue Sponsorship Form. It’ll have instructions, information, and will be submitted along with your donation.