If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to assist survivors when they are most in need, then join the FEMA Reservist Program. Consider the available Reservist job opportunity below and more (see attached flyer for additional details). For more information and to apply, please click here.
Applicant Services Program Specialist
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. FEMA is seeking talented men and women who are eager to assist disaster survivors in the role of Applicant Services Specialist, as a FEMA Reservist, in the Individual Assistance unit. Reservists are vital employees to FEMA’s disaster workforce, who work on an on-call, intermittent basis to support disaster survivors when they are most in need. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, and work at different locations. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice.
As an Applicant Services Specialist, you will provide support to the Individual Assistance Cadre by communicating with disaster survivors on disaster assistance programs, the process required to receive assistance, and the current status of their case.
Primary position duties include:
- Ensuring that individuals and families affected by disaster have access to the full range of FEMA assistance programs in a timely manner.
- Providing the best possible level of service to applicants applying for FEMA programs.
- Communicating the case status and confirming that survivors understand the disaster assistance programs and the process.
- Developing partnerships with the State, voluntary organizations, the private sector, and other Federal agencies that are delivering assistance to survivors.
- Provide applicants with appropriate referrals to other Federal, State, and local agencies, voluntary organizations, and faith-based organizations.
The skills and experience required for this job include:
- Customer service
- Microsoft applications
- Database systems
- Emergency Management skills/background preferred
In the role of Applicant Services Specialist, in the Reservists program, you will receive training, have the opportunity to travel and receive health benefits (when activated to support disaster operations), and build your professional network.
If you are interested in this rewarding, intermittent work opportunity to assist disaster survivors, then join the FEMA Reservist team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. For more information and to apply, please visit here.